Tuesday, December 15, 2009

OLD, OLD photos...identify them??




Here are some VERY old photos found by my father, Ralph, in Aunt Mary's attic many years ago. They are each about 1" square and were found in a tiny old 2"x1.5" Rexall Orderlies Laxative tin (similar to a small aspirin tin of today) dated 1912.
There was 1 photo labeled on the back as "Elmer" and 1 labeled "Arthur". The young boy with a duplicate hat in the upper left corner is very likely Elmer because the 1 picture labeled "Elmer" (not included here) shows him in the same outfit and he looks similar. He also looks alot like E.J.'s descendents (Mark, Drake, etc.). Assuming these are of the Klopfenstein family and taken in the same year, can someone (like Uncle Lynn, Aunt Alice, Uncle Perry, etc.) try to identify them? The picture in the upper right resembles Uncle Joe, I think. I can post all 29 photos (in 2 pictures) upon request. I'd recommend clicking on the picture to enlarge to get a better image.

2 comments:

Ada said...

I loved looking at these pictures. I think the first two pictures are the same person - and he is such an adorable little boy that he has to be Elmer! And as you say, he does look like some of the grandchildren. He also looks like a little "nix-nux"! Quite a progressive pose over the chair for those days.

I'm fascinated by the picture of the three women - probably three of the five girls. But I wonder where were the other two girls and just which three are these? Would it be the three oldest, the three youngest, or just a random mix. My guess is Bertha, Ida and Minerva. Very interesting and what a treasure for you.

Shelley S said...

I love these old pictures. I usually don't know who any of them are, but sure do enjoy learning about them. Keep them coming!