Saturday, November 7, 2009

Update Alabama Knobloch's

This has been quite a week for our family.

This past Monday I interviewed in Lawrenceville IL at Automotive Technology Systems for an open Quality Manager position in their seat plant supplying to Toyota. We got back to Alabama on Monday evening about 8:30 pm and went into work and worked the night shift.

On Tuesday about 6:00 am, Retta drove herself to UAB West and checked into the hospital with another bout of Pancreatitis (3rd time in 4 months). I went home and slept a couple hours and then spent the evening at the hospital before going back to work for night shift. BTW, night shift at the plant meant 4pm to 6am for managers.

On Wednesday morning I went to the hospital and slept in the vacant bed in Retta's room. Spent the day there and went back to work that evening.
On Wednesday afternoon they also found the cause of Retta's pancreas issues and will do a procedure week after next to correct it. The opening to her pancreas is constricted and prevents the bile from exiting completely. The procedure will be to go in and open this up so it is not constricted.

I worked Wednesday night and on Thursday morning at 7 am I met with my HR Manager and "left the company by mutual agreement". I am officially unemployed.

Thursday afternoon I also received an offer from ATS in Lawrenceville IL to come be their quality manager. I start work there on November 22nd.

Friday, Retta came home from the hospital, and we told the kids we were moving. Oh my, teenage female hormones are something.......tears, tears, tears, drama, drama, drama.

It has been a stressful and hectic week, but God has been in control of it all. His provisions are amazing and I am so glad He gives us the opportunity to experience His grace for us. We are trusting Him to have our home sell quickly so the relocation process can occur quickly.

Thanks for everybody's prayers.
EDK

PS: Roll Tide Roll.......Chris and I think we are going to go to some Illinois Football Games next fall. It should be easy to get tickets.......

3 comments:

rk2 said...

Congratulations on the new position. I'm sure it will be nice to be closer to family. I hope the move goes smoothly.

Ann said...

Wow, what a week. I'm excited for you all even though it will be a big transition for the kids especially. And am praying that this procedure will solve Retta's pancreatitis problem.

In the play I directed on Friday night, Meet Me in St. Louis, the father announces that due to his job the family is moving to New York, and the four daughters respond by sabotaging the move--by derailing a trolley and throwing water bombs at the boss. I trust your kids won't respond with reactions that drastic!

Ada said...

Congratulations. Hope your transition goes smoothly for all of you and that Retta will be well again soon. I'm sure you're thankful to have found a suitable new job in the auto industry.