Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mixed Emotions

This was an evening of mixed emotions. I love the garden but it's fall, and I'm ready to be done with it. Tonight after dinner Renae and I went out to pull out tomatoes, peppers, beans, squash, and the worst--corn. We cut some to use for decorating but most got pulled up to go on the compost pile. We laughed when I said, "And to think we were so excited when we saw the first corn stalks pushing through the soil in early June!"

We put the gazing ball, the "Rhoda" figurine (Renae thought it looked like me so she bought it for my flower garden), and the garden plaque into the barn.

I may Rhoda-till the garden on Saturday or it may wait until spring. . .I think I'm finished with this year's garden.

1 comment:

Nog Blog said...

I've seen some of those cement statues, Rhoda. Hope that was a compliment that it looked like you!