Saturday, October 17, 2009

Digital v. Film

I just posted out on my own blog about a fall color plane ride I took earlier today. I took my old "film" camera with the much better lens to take some pictures. I now have to go get the film developed which made me think that I can't remember that last time I did that since I've had a digital camera for six years.

When was the last time you had film developed? Does it seem strange to you to do that? I'm guessing some in the next generation have never done so since digital photography has now been around for quite awhile.

3 comments:

Ann said...

I haven't had a roll of film developed in years.

However, a few weeks ago, when Walgreens had a really good deal on film developing, I put about a hundred family pictures on a thumb drive and had prints made. It bothers me that, with so much electronic these days, there isn't much of a paper trail left behind. The same is true of letters and diaries. I'm afraid much will be lost to future generations. But that's a rabbit trail to what you asked.

Shelley S said...

My father-in-law always carried those disposable film cameras with him. We found one in the suburban a few weeks ago and I took it to get it developed. There were some nice pictures on there of me and the boys w/ Sam's 100yr old Grandma (who just passed away in August). I believe they were taken sometime last year.

We took some misc pictures around here to use up the last few exposures before getting it developed. Every time we took a picture the kids would run over to me to 'see' the picture. They couldn't figure out where the display screen was at. They asked, "How do you know what the picture looks like?"

Cleve said...

Very few places develop film these days and when they do, they make a big deal over it in their ads.
Digital is the ONLY WAY!!!