Wednesday, September 9, 2009

FIVE DAYS AND COUNTING DOWN . . .

We see the doctor next Monday - 5 more days - and hopefully he will release Jerry from the walker. Jerry feels so good and strong and is very anxious to take off on his own two feet. I asked him what the first thing he's going to do when we get home from the doctor's office and he said "get in my truck and drive somewhere!"
We have a frequent visitor at our mini-hibiscus plant on our deck. I took a picture from the door window. It's hard to seem, but if you enlarge it, I think you will be able to see it.


I promised pictures of the completed water tower, so here they are.
This is the view from the south.
Notice that the "I" in Gridley is an outline of the old water tower. Neat idea.


This is the view from the north side. As some of you know, Gridley became a town in 1856
and is so-labeled on the water tower. I think it's a great design.




2 comments:

Ada said...

The hibiscus picture won't enlarge for me, but the other two do - anybody know why that would be? Or is it just my computer?

Rhoda said...

I like the logo on the water tower too--especially the "I". I guess I show my age by liking the nod to history.