Saturday, September 5, 2009

CAREER OPPORTUNITIES . . .

Just in case you're looking for a new job, this might be something you haven't thought of. I'll bet it pays well.
These guys are placing the stencils on the new Gridley water tower.

Here it is partially completed.
We'll take the completed picture today and post it later. We've been driving past the park every time we leave the house hoping to get a picture of them painting. We missed it when they painted the tower white and were so excited when we saw them doing this. Doesn't take much to entertain us these days.
So . . . how much would they have to pay YOU to do this job?!?!?!?

3 comments:

Carol said...

Doesn't the water tower look great? I heard that Thomas-Bradley designed it and I think they did an excellent job. At first, the grandsons and I noticed the 5 and 6 and I wondered what those numbers were for. Suddenly it hit me---of course, the ones they still have to paint come before the 5 and 6. They will be a 1 and an 8 for 1856 which is the year Gridley was established. Perry was glad for the little history up there for everybody to see.

Ann said...

It really is sharp looking, though the "magic" is gone along with the old one! Like someone said a long time ago - it feels like the end of my childhood. :-)

And no, you couldn't pay me enough to do that job. I have fear of heights as well as claustrophobia.

Cleve said...

It seems to me it could have been painted on the ground before being installed...would have saved lots of time, worry, and fear and also having people take so many pictures.