Wednesday, July 8, 2009

TIDBITS OF THIS AND THAT

The Japanese Beatles are back! I've been watching closely for them for a couple weeks and hopefully discovered them before they can do too much damage. We called Spring Green to spray - they came yesterday. However, about two hours after they sprayed, we had a downpour of rain. Will that wash away the hoped-for outcome?

As we have nothing real constructive to do these days, we watched much of the Michael Jackson Memorial Service yesterday. I guess I would describe it as somewhat "interesting". While I'm not a fan by any means, and don't really think any individual deserves to be glorified to the extent that he is, I thought it was a fairly low-key service and everyone deserves a respectable memorial from loved ones.

Jerry is doing much better. He's getting a pretty severe case of "cabin fever" so we try to get out a little. You should see him roll that walker down the ramp and get into the car all by himself! Won't even let me lift his leg for him. He reminds me of Nathan with his "I do it!" We had dinner at Woody's in El Paso one evening and breakfast at the restaurant down on the hard road yesterday. He's considering church on Sunday. We took a ride to B'ton yesterday to pick up a prescription, then swung by El Paso and picked up a Monical's pizza and brought it home to eat - yummy.

I've got several projects partially completed in the basement. I can't seem to get real focused on them, and need someone to give me a little "kick". That's about it at our house.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I'm enjoying some quiet days myself. Mike's working or sleeping depending on his schedule; Andrew's at camp in Louisiana; and Mary Lee works 8-5 every day at a day care, which is a blessing that she can get that kind of hours as a teenager in this economy. I'm putting very little pressure on myself and am enjoying just puttering around the house getting little things done.