Saturday, July 11, 2009

HAPPY SATURDAY MORNING

It's a gloomy-looking morning at this time, but "they" say it will be sunny this afternoon. Do you think "they" can be believed?

We had a busy day yesterday. We went to breakfast at the Green Garden restaurant and met three of Jerry's U-High buddies. It was a nice outing/diversion. Then we came home, did the drip, and got ready for a 1 pm visit with Dr. Dodgin. He said the xrays look good and everything is still in place for July 30. Before coming home, we had "lunner" (my made-up word) at Bob Evan's where we had a beautiful, lively server named Heather.

Jerry is doing very well and is able to pretty much take care of himself. He still has limitations as to how much he can bend the hip, and he must not put more than 50% weight on the one leg. So this about as good as it will get until the follow-up surgery. We try to get out of the house a little bit each day. We're hoping to go to morning church tomorrow.

I tried to take a picture of him to post so you could all see how much he has progressed since the last picture, but the camera is telling that there is a card error. I tried to delete some pictures from the card, but can't figure out how to do it. I don't have a direction booklet for the camera so I will get a new card today and see if that works. I'm sooooooooo technological savvy!!

4 comments:

Alice said...

Glad things are going so well. It's great that you can get out a little every day.

Hope you can go to church tomorrow.
Listening on the phone is nothing like being there, is it?

I am still trying to get caught up with laundry, etc.

marym said...

I think you and your generation to a great job with all the technology. Glad Uncle Jerry is doing so well and that your sanity has held up well also. : ) He must be a good patient - and you a good nurse.

Ann said...

Technology drives me crazy too. Right now I have a memory card in my new cell phone camera but can't get it to transfer pictures to my laptop. Very frustrating.

Did you get to go to church this morning?

Ada said...

Yes, we went to church. Got there fight at 10 am and our friend Enid had an easy chair waiting for Jerry just inside the church. We left as soon as the final prayer was over so we could get out the door before everybody else. That was long enough.