Monday, July 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ada

GOD BLESS YOU

I cannot find a truer word,
Nor better, to address you!
Nor song, nor poem have I heard,
Is sweeter than, "God bless you."

God bless you! Thus I've wished you
All that Christian joy possesses,
For there can truly be no joy
Unless, indeed, God blesses.

God bless you! So I breathe a charm
Lest grief's dark night oppress you,
For how can sorrow bring you harm,
If it is God's way to bless you.

And so through all your earthly days
May shadows touch you never,
But if they should, God's blessing
Will keep you safe forever.

Author ??

Ada, you are a dear and I thank the Lord for
you and what you are. Mim

4 comments:

Ada said...

Thank you for a lovely poem. As always, I checked the computer first thing this morning and found this poem as well as birthday wishes from Lynn in my email inbox. Thanks and love to you both.

Ann said...

Happy birthday! Hope you have a great day!

rk2 said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Alice said...

Happy Birthday, Ada. Can it really be that you are 66? You still seem like a young girl to me.
Hope you have many, many more happy birthdays. Love you!