Tuesday, June 30, 2009

UPGRADE

We're "plugging away" and making progress everyday. Jerry is still struggling with the itchy rash, but coping as best he can with it. On the upside, yesterday the Occupation Therapist brought us a tub bench and "taught" him (and me) how to use it for taking a shower. I went to Doc's Drugs in El Paso to get a shower hose - and last night we connected it to the shower. So today, Jerry was UPGRADED from a standing-sink bath to a seated shower. I think it's not difficult to understand how good that felt to him.

We enjoyed a visit this morning from Kelsie who told us all about her adventure at Jacksonville University (JU) where she attended a 4-day Freshman leadership conference of about 40-50 incoming Freshmen. She's really "pumped" and ready for the "real deal" in August. She did have a little fiasco when she missed her plane to return to B'ton, but caught a standby seat on the next plane and on the connecting flight out of Atlanta. Good problem-solving, learning experience for her.

Now we are waiting for a nurse to come draw more blood, then we'll do our daily IV, then a PT is coming. Sounds like a fun day, huh?

1 comment:

Carol said...

Glad to hear all is going well with Jerry! I just returned last night from Bruce & Elizabeth's after an especially enjoyable 2 days with grandchildren. Julia (7 mo.) wasn't so sure about me when I walked in, but after she observed 3 year old Andrew's delight, she pretty much changed her mind. To be loved by little people is a special treat! When I think of you (Ada) being at your husband's beck and call 24/7--- I think how thankful I am that Perry's ordeal with his ankle is over. Hopefully, within a couple months, normal living will return for you and Jerry!