Monday, May 18, 2009

Graduation Week Around Here

We have a big week as we will have a GRADUATE on Thursday night! It is hard to believe that my youngest is graduating from high school. We are having an open house Thursday night after the ceremony (you are all invited--please come!) and this afternoon I made these little things. The recipe is from Taste of Home online, but I modified it a little. I used Ghiaradelli chocolates on top of miniature Reese cups (both upside down). The tassel is blue fruit roll-up held in place with a blue M&M (Andrew got the job of slicing the fruit roll-up into thin strips). (I guess they might need to be trimmed a little so they lay flatter.) The "glue" is chocolate frosting, the homemade kind that gets a little hard as it sets up. I think I'll use them for decorations, but have a feeling that they will disappear as the evening goes on . . .

4 comments:

Ada said...

Ann, these are absolutely adorable. We might just have to come to your house so we can see and taste them. Unfortunately, we might not make it back in time for Kelsie's graduation on Friday night. Enjoy the graduation and give Mary Lee our congratulations and love.

Cleve said...

Creative idea! It seems like graduation dates get earlier every year!

rk2 said...

What a cute idea! I'm hoping Andrew used a pizza cutter to make the strips.

Wish I could be there Thursday, but my consolation is that ML said that she'd rather I come when we can spend more time together.

Tim - Cathy said...

Ann, you are one talented lady! Those are awesome!

Cathy