Tuesday, May 5, 2009

SLEEP DISORDERS - PART II

Remember when we had a lively discussion about sleep disorders – a common malady in the Klop. family? I want to share something surprising. I have been sleeping a straight 7 hours at night. A first for me in a long, long time.

Some of you remember Anne Stoller, my childhood friend (Hulda & Virgil). She sent me a box of “healthy” chocolate (i.e. rich in flavinoid antioxidants with no caffeine, preservatives, fillers, waxes, processed sugar, or trans fats). She said this might help us sleep better, have more natural energy, lose weight, improve blood pressure, cholesterol, and triglyceride levels, and other “amazing” benefits, including lowering blood sugar . I am a true skeptic and thought, yeah right!

After two weeks, at 3 servings a day, Tim took his blood pressure. It was 122/76. We sat there with our jaws hanging open because in 30 years of marriage, he has never had blood pressure that low, even with medicine 2 times a day. (Tim inherited his blood pressure problem from his dad, who actually died from related kidney failure.) Tim also had lost 5 pounds. I do, in fact, have more energy, and I do, in fact, sleep a straight 7 hours at night without waking up. (I’ll take chocolate over Nyquil any day.) What has surprised me the most is I can look at sweets, junk food, and caffeine and it doesn’t provoke a craving like it did before.

Science or coincidence? I guess time will tell. That’s all I really had to say. Just thought I'd share the good news.

We’re having a beautiful spring day here in Illinois. Love to each and every one of you!

Cathy

5 comments:

Nog Blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nog Blog said...

Very interesting! Keep us updated. I've slept 7 hours, too...in the last 3 days. (Possibly a slight exaggeration, but not much, if I really had documented it!)

Carol said...

Where can we get these healthy chocolates? I'd like to try them.

marym said...

I would like to get more details too - sounds too good to be true! But am so glad it seems to be working for you. Very interesting.

Alice said...

I would also like to know where to get these healthy chocolates. Maybe it will lower my blood sugar, my blood pressure and my triglycerides. What a miracle that would be!!!