Wednesday, April 1, 2009

QUIT TAPPING ME!!

Nathan spent the night with us. He was so good all evening. Grandpa put him to bed and he went right to sleep - after teasing Grandpa about monsters being in the closet!! About 2 am I felt tapping on my arm and heard Grandpa saying "Nathan's calling you." So I went over and laid down with him, rubbed his back a little and he went back to sleep and I went back to bed. About 5 am I felt the tapping again and Grandpa said "Nathan's calling you." So I went back to his room and he said "I want to get up". I said, "it's still dark and we have to sleep some more" so we went back to sleep. About 7 I felt tapping again and Nathan said excitedly "Grandma, it's light outside. We can get up now!" So we did and we've been playing with cars, marbles, and plastic ice cubes ever since! And who knows what fun things we'll find to do today.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Brings back memories of when my own children were little. I'm glad to be in a stage of life where midnight interruptions don't happen too often. . .

Cleve/Kathleen said...

We can certainly relate to that early morning "tapping". The only difference is that our grandkids are even one hour ahead of Central time, so their biological clock is waaaay ahead! Not complaining, though. It's worth it as grandkids are a true blessing, fun, and better than owning a treadmill.
Cleve & Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Now that I have a little kid and big kids, I get get midnight interruptions of both the little kid kind and big kid kind. We were so happy that Nathan was at Mom's that night. I was at a breaking point, and she came through, as she always does!!

Ann said...

Of course, they don't wake me up by tapping my bed any more, but they keep me up because I can't sleep until I know they're in for the night!