Thursday, April 30, 2009

Crime in Gridley

By Jerry
Yesterday, I mowed my yard between showers and knew that today I would need to go to the "Barn " (lawn Shed) that we have behind out house to do some maintance on my riding lawn mower. When I got home from volunteering at the hospital this afternoon, I went to the Barn w/o tools since all of my tools are already there on my work bench. I have a very large bright red Craftsman tool box with a drawer on the bottom. When I went to get the tools...everything was gone...box and all the tools. I really have no idea when they were stolen. It could have been sometime between November and now. I felt "violated" !!!!

I have applied for Elderly Stimulus financing uder Section 23.18 (d,c) of the federal stimulus package. I learned of this great progaram while watching Shawn Hannity. So if you were going to send items for repair my way, you will have to wait until my ship comes in. Senator Burris' ffice has assured me that I qualify...Wish me luck Thanks for letting me vent!!! Besides I was tired of the dogs!!! Jerry

3 comments:

Cleve said...

Almost unbelievable, coming from the Village of Gridley. Sorry to hear of this, Jerry. It's a horrible feeling when a theft is discovered. Did you have the barn locked since November? In about 1985, me and the family went to the annual Fireworks on July 4 evening and upon coming home, I noticed my unlocked "barn" also had been raided of one big armful of tools -- circular saw, drill, axe, lantern, and electric chain saw. More could have been taken, but the thief must have "grabbed and ran".
Any more stories out there?????

Mim said...

Jerry, I am so sorry to hear about the theft of your tool box/tools. We would be glad to help you over and above the Stimulus Package if necessary--but we sure do resent that our grandchildren will have to pay for the assist plus surely more interest than the value of the tools.

Drake said...

That's a bummer! Let me guess: the barn has _never_ been locked?

Michelle always gives me a hard time because I don't have good door-locking habits. A result of my small-town upbringing.

Maybe you should encourage more snakes to stay in the barn - that might keep burglars away!