Tuesday, January 20, 2009

DEBIT CARD

We just got our first debit card before coming to DC. It's too bad I never knew how fun they were. It's amazing! I can go the store, swipe the card ,and it not only pays for my purchase, but gives me cash back!! Jerry just rolls his eyes at me.

Also want to let you know that we drove down to DC this afternoon. Saw the sign that said "leaving Montgomery County; entering District of Columbia"- drove about 3-4 blocks then turned around and came back. But now we can say we were in DC on President Obama's inauguration day! How about that!

2 comments:

Eric - Retta said...

The only thing better would be if it was pulling the cash from somebody elses account!!

Happy Spending, EDK

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing you felt more of the energy of almost 2 million people more so than those of out here in the middle of the country.

It does sound good though to say you were in DC on a historic day.

I had trouble with trying to watch it streamlined on-line. Fox News never loaded, and ABC kept stopping. Everytime I got back on I had to sit through an Audi commercial. About 11:45 about 40-50 gathered in our Connection Zone and watched the proceedings on tv.

I also watched the national prayer service on-line (same thing--I had to keep clicking back in) this morning.

--Rhoda