Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Customer Service


There is a new hair salon near our house and I wanted a perm so decided to try them out. Part of my problem is, I always want to do it spur of the moment because I never know what my schedule will be day to day. It was about 1:00 pm. The sign out front said, "Walk right in!" so I did! It was a tiny little shop, but there were 2 occupied chairs getting haircuts and 4 girls standing at the desk. The one at the computer didn't say hello, how can I help you, just "What's your last name?" I proceeded to give her all my information and she typed it all in. Finally, I said, I would like a perm if you have time this afternoon." All four jumped in, "Oh no! We only do perms by appointment! You have to schedule that ahead of time! We can't do that on a walk-in, etc., etc., etc.!" I politely said, "Well, I won't be staying then." One of them then said, "We have to schedule perms and we already have one at 2:00." OK, I get it! I walked out thinking, "None of those girls look like they know how to groom themselves, let alone customers...and besides, what? They can only do one perm a day?" There was no attempt to set up a scheduled time, no please come back, nothing. Four girls standing there doing nothing. I went down the road and gave my cash to someone else.

5 comments:

Ada said...

You're probably they didn't touch your hair - you might look like the woman in the picture!!

Ada said...

LUCKY - you're probably lucky!! sorry I can't type right anymore.

Nog Blog said...

Too much on your mind...or your eyesight is failing...or your fingers are getting arthritis...or you're just plain .... whatever! I hate it when I push publish...and then see the typng eror, or the misspeled word, or hte
sentnce that came out rong.

Nice obituary in the Pantagraph. I've thought about Jerry and Tommy a lot the last couple of days. Jerry, so glad you are a loved and vital part of the Klop family!

Anonymous said...

Please tell me where do you go to get a good cut and perm? Your hair always looks nice, Judy. It is getting harder and harder for me to do my own hair.

Nog Blog said...

I'm the last one to ask about hair care. I mostly do it myself...trimming, coloring, even perming. Once in a while I go to have it professionally done, but I switch around as I am frequently dissatisfied with one thing or another. Part of my controlling personality, I'm afraid. Plus I have no patience for waiting for an appointment. I get up and want it done TODAY. So sorry, I'm not help in this department!