Thursday, December 4, 2008

Puzzle Trauma



This Thomas Kinkade puzzle has been in our lounge at work for at least a year and it has always caught my eye, as jigsaw puzzles are something I like to do. After our Thanksgiving/Christmas celebrations, I decided to bring the puzzle home to "reward" myself. Ugh! It is the worst puzzle I have ever worked on! First of all, I put that red sheet down so the table wouldn't get scratched and that was a terrible idea. Every time I move or reach for a piece, the sheet moves and messes up the puzzle. There is not one piece that interlocks properly. I usually do a puzzle by looking at the shapes, not the colors or the picture. Doesn't matter with this thing, I can't figure out shapes, colors, or the picture. Those sections in the middle..I have no idea how they attach anywhere. It's the craziest thing! I should pick it up and toss it in the box, but that is hard for me to do. I don't want to be defeated!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judy, it looks like you are getting a lot done! Don't give up but maybe see if you could slide it onto a poster board which is stable and works well for puzzles. I love puzzles but only allow myself to do one per year after Christmas. This year I already did one with the Endress children a few weeks ago so maybe I won't do one after Christmas. Walmart has "puzzle keeper" you can put on it when it is done to preserve all your work. I have a stack of "done" puzzles upstairs. I'd like to frame them, etc. but who knows if it will actually happen.

Ada said...

I also like to do puzzles although 500 pieces is my limit. I plan to take one or two to DC to do when we're not running around. Looks like you're halfway or more done with your puzzle so it can't be too bad. Keep at it - you can do it! Show us the picture when it's done.

Maria said...

Oh, wouldn't it be nice to sit down to a puzzle! I guess I get my share of 20 piece Dora the Explorer ones :)

Ann said...

Oh yes - Dora wasn't around when the kids were little, but we did plenty of 20-piecers of other kinds.

If we do puzzles, it's either at Christmas or on occasional beach trips to Mike's sister's house. She has about 20 puzzles there, and since Mike doesn't like to go to the beach, that's how he keeps busy.

I have one of a plane from WWII flying over a small English village that would keep you busy for weeks, Judy.

Anonymous said...

I can't stand puzzles, I hate 'em.
Cleve

Nog Blog said...

I couldn't keep a puzzle going for weeks. Usually these 1000 piece puzzles take me 2 days...of course, I'm doing nothing else on those days. I didn't have time to even look at this one today...but I'm determined to finish it tomorrow. Then on to Christmas cards....