Tuesday, November 11, 2008

request to help community family and doll for raffle!




Hello!
A friend of mine sent the follwing two emails tonight --


...I had someone who works with the toy and gift program ask me if I had any clothes to donate for a 7 month girl. Unfortunately, I’ve gotten rid of almost everything. I thought I would ask a few of you ladies who had younger girls to see if you had anything left that you would like to donate.

They only have $40 to spend which will probably buy 2-3 toys and unfortunately she needs clothes for both summer and winter also. If you have anything you would like to donate, please contact me or Candy Woodrum at Kirby hospital (
cwoodrum@kirbyhospital.org). Candy is buying for this family.

Also, they are doing the distribution next week so she’ll need items by this weekend if possible. Gently used toys are okay too.


She also works with Kirby Auxiliary sent this message today that some of you may be interested in...
I wanted to let you know about a raffle that the Hospital Auxiliary is doing for Christmas. I was hoping you could pass this information on to your Mom’s Group.

We are raffling off an American Girl Doll with accessories. (Retail value $118)

Tickets are $2 or 3 for $5

Tickets available in Gift Shop M-F 9am-3pm

Drawing December 8, 2008


3 comments:

Jodie said...

Ok...whoops...that was supposed to be posted on the blog for my mom's group. Please remove - I am sorry!

Happy Tuesday,
Jodie

Nog Blog said...

OK, you posted wrong, then I thought, your mom's group? What in the world kind of group does your mom have? I didn't think that long until I figured out you meant your "Mom's Group!" Can see you are still very active with it...and I hear you're teaching art, too! How perfect for you! How is Emma doing in school? Miss seeing you more often...Judy

Anonymous said...

It may be the wrong site - but I love the sentiment behind the post. well done.