Thursday, October 2, 2008

to Painting Paris Pink!


Tonight I will be going to a breast cancer survivor's celebration banquet entitled "to Painting Paris Pink!" This will be the third annual event and the first two were quite elaborate with delicious food, surprises, gifts, music, etc. - and all for free! I'm waiting to see how they will carry out the theme of Pink Paris. Four of us have gone together - Mary Ringger, Marge Meiss, Jeannette Reimer, and me. Tonight Marge can't go so we'll just be three. I usually try to forget my cancer experience of April 1999, but this is a night to celebrate survival. Almost ten years - Praise the Lord!


Last year they took pictures of us with pink boas!! Thought I'd share it with you - ain't I cute!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ada, I sure remember your ordeal of ten years ago and I am so glad you are doing so well! Have a wonderful evening of thankfulness as you celebrate the fragile gift of life. Love, Carol

Anonymous said...

Ada, Praise the Lord for 10 years!Hope you have a great time at your celebration tonight. You handle it so well, I almost forget what all you went through at that time.
"This is the day which the Lord hath made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it". Love, Alice

Anonymous said...

Have a great evening tonight. I second Aunt Alice's comment--Praise the Lord for 10 years!

Next Saturday I'm running in a 5k Run/Walk for Breast Cancer Research through the Mary Kay Ash Foundation. I'm participating in your honor and in memory of Joey and Mary's girls' mother, Debbie.

Anonymous said...

Rhoda, that really touches my heart that you're doing that. Celebrating the lives of 2 special ladies!

Have a wonderful evening, Aunt Ada; we too are so glad you're doing well.

rk2 said...

So when do we get a report on the big night?

Ada said...

It was another enjoyable evening. We had some kind of crusty baked chicken, pasta, and green beans - very good actually. Desert was a chocolate fountain with dippers, and trays of mini-pieces of various sweets. It was all delicious and I was stuffed!

They had an art display made by breast cancer survivors. I found it depressing as most of the pictures were distorted women with missing boobs and they all had an explanation of their "journey". I looked at about half of them then went to the chocolate fountain!

Entertainment was an opera singer from ISU. Not my style of music, but she was very talented and I could appreciate that.

It is just a special night and I saw several people I know there.

Ann said...

Congratulations on a wonderful victory! I did not realize it had been that long.