Friday, October 17, 2008

Playing Games - A Comment and a Picture

I actually wanted to post this as a comment on Judy's post about playing games, but the comment section won't let me post pictures.

Mary Lee is without question the gamer in our family. Throughout her growing up years she wanted to play most any kind of game with anyone who would play. Andrew didn't like games so she didn't have a competitor a good bit of the time. She loved chess; the day she beat her dad (fair and square) was a red-letter day in our house. This picture is from Dad's book and is from one time when Joey and Mary were at our house and she corraled Joey to play chess with her!

I also have a very fond recollection of playing Memory with her when she was about 3 or 4. I had to go to the kitchen in the middle of the game to check something in the oven and glanced out to the den over the kitchen counter - she was in there turning over tiles to check them, as fast as she could, before I returned! We still teasingly remind her of that from time to time.

2 comments:

Ada said...

Looks like the competition is intense!! I wonder who won that game.

Anonymous said...

Cute girl . . . handsome man!