Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Super Cool Boys

Tonight Nathan and I went to the UHS volleyball game. Kelsie doesn't play (she was actually at work), but my friend's daughter plays, so we went to support her. The UHS boys were sitting across the steps from us, and Nathan was eyeing them. Wow, were they ever super cool! I told him he could sit by them, but he was too shy. I recognized one of them as Kelsie's friend, Jack, so I tapped his shoulder, told him who I was, and asked if Nathan could sit by him for awhile. He said, "Sure!" and took Nathan's hand. I heard him say, "Kelsie told me you might be here tonight," as Nathan looked back at me, so happy and so proud. He ended up sitting right in the middle of those boys for about 30 minutes. Every once in awhile, one of them would speak to him or show him their phone or keys, but mostly he just stared at them in total awe. He went to bed tonight still talking about those "super cool boys." They'll never know how happy they made Nathan. What nice kids!

2 comments:

Jason-Janice (mostly Janice) said...

I love being witness to teenagers who pull through and show maturity. It almost balances out how frustrated I get when they act foolishly. Almost.

Ann said...

When somebody's nice to one of your kids, it's even better than when someone is nice to you, isn't it. And when young men are nice to a little boy - well, that says something about their character.