Sunday, September 28, 2008

Stevig Update

Maybe you haven't noticed, but I haven't put anything on the Blog for quite some time. Believe it or not, I got a new computer and it took me a little while to get used to it and to be hooked up to DSL. (Yes, that is how far behind the times I was!) Larry came over yesterday and answered a lot of my questions. So now I think I am all set up.

About 2 weeks ago Keith's brother, Ken, entered Restmor Nursing Home in Morton. It is a brand new facility that just opened in the spring. It is owned by our Morton church. Keith did a lot of talking to Ken and finally convinced him it was the best thing to do. So far he has been very cooperative and is adjusting well. They don't want him to have his car and that still has to be settled. At times he is very confused and at other times he is very rational. Keith really seems to know how to handle him.

Now we have the monumental job of cleaning out his house and getting it ready for sale. There is quite a lot of "stuff" to go through! We have been working there every afternoon this past week and Larry came over on Saturday, but we still have LOTS to do. I don't know when I have worked so hard.

We had reservations to go to Colorado Sept. 22 for 3 weeks, but had to cancel because Ken needed us here at this time. We both are very disappointed.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Yes, Aunt Alice, I had noticed that you hadn't put anything on for awhile, and am glad you are back! You will love DSL compared to dial-up.

Have fun doing all that cleanup. I love that kind of thing. Don't throw away anything valuable! :-)

Nog Blog said...

I'm glad to hear you have gotten Ken settled at Restmor. It's a hard thing to do when they are reluctant to go, but I always consider it a rescue operation...at least now you know he is safe. Trip to Colorado? or clean out a house? Bummer! Too bad the timing worked out this way, but Kenneth is fortunate to have you to finish things up for him. Don't get too worn out! And maybe you'll find some treasures!