Thursday, September 4, 2008

Piper

Speaking for the youngest child in the family everywhere; this is the story of our lives. We are sleeping peacefully through a noisy convention being held by what appears to the national television audience a doting older sister who is gently rubbing our head when she licks her hand slathering it with her saliva to smooth down our hair.

The only consolation of having our hair full of her spit is that the entire world is watching her do it. I doubt she’ll ever live it down.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We caught that as well. It was a cute moment. I think Palin gave a great speech.

Nog Blog said...

Yeah, what a moment on national TV. I also appreciated her speech, as well as the Lieberman speech the night before. I've never seen people of all ages so interested in the election this year. Even me.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Palin's entrance in the race has enlivened it. The race has dragged on way too long so this new energy is great.

Cathy said...

That was hilarious . . . and precious. That little Piper is quite the girl - maybe she'll be President some day.

I thought Palin's speech was impressive, and I feel better about McCain after his speech. This will be an interesting few months!

Cathy

Anonymous said...

I noticed though that I never saw Piper holding the baby last night.

Is it me or does that baby seem to get passed around a lot???

Eric - Retta said...

Really liked Palin's speech, she connected well. To think, a few years ago she ran for PTA and now, here is her Middle-Class family in the middle of a Presidential campaign.

Gotta admit, both Retta and I slept through most of McCain's speech, waking up to send the kids to bed and turn off the TV.