Friday, August 8, 2008

Another Boo-Boo

I got off of work this morning after a long, arduous night, with patient after patient showing up until our rooms were full and overflowing. I got out of my hospital scrubs and quickly got dressed, trying to escape before somebody found something else for me to do. I was meeting a couple of ladies for breakfast, and though I try not to judge by appearances, I would say I was a little out of my league for fashion and style at my table. I was comfortable enough, however, to start to laugh and say, "Look at me, I've got my blouse inside out!" One of the ladies said, "I did notice, but I thought I've seen blouses that look like that before. I decided it looked OK!" Yeah right, everybody wears their shirts with the seams on the outside...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This fits with my experience about 15 years ago. I was sitting in the front of the class on a table when a girl raised her hand and said, "Can I ask you a question?" The way she asked it made me know it wasn't going to be about US History. "Did you mean to wear a blue and a black shoe today?"

Sure enough--similar styles so I couldn't tell a difference on my feet--I had on two different colors of shoes.

Ada said...

Judy - you always make me laugh! I noticed Jerry one time with two shoes on. Fortunately, I've NEVER done anything crazy with my clothes that I can think of!

Eric - Retta said...

Ada, I wear two shoes all the time. What's so weird about that? EDK

Ada said...

Sorry - I don't proofread well! I meant two "different" shoes - and I'll bet you knew that's what I meant! Chalk it up to "age".

Anonymous said...

You're losing it, Judy !!!!
Several months ago I was caught wearing 1 blue sock and one black sock. I cannot figure it out -- I did NOT buy them that way. Even more odd and confusing, is that I have ANOTHER pair just like it in my sock drawer! ????
Cleve