Monday, July 7, 2008

IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS

As I get older, it's the little things that just drive me NUTS!!! I was at the checkout at Walmart the other day and went to pick out a package of gum. Apparently all the gum manufacturers decided to change their packaging - and I couldn't find MY GUM! I got so frustrated, I didn't even know the brand name I was looking for! So I bought a pack of Orbit which is chewing up pretty good. Later I remembered - it's Extra - but what's happened to it? Oh such a dilemna!!

They must be making all the gum in the little dentyn-size pieces instead of the bigger flatter pieces so the packages are different. Is it cheaper for them, or what -- why can't they just leave things alone.

Breakfast cereals is another bad one! Why don't they just make 6 or 8 kinds and then we wouldn't have to stand there for half an hour to find the one we want! Or bread!!

So now you know, I've completely lost it!

6 comments:

Ann said...

Try Orbit Sweet Mint flavor. It's in a light green box and it's really good.

Ada said...

Yep - that's the one I got.

Eric - Retta said...

In my industry that's called BBP (Best Business Practices). It is another form of Job Security by making endless changes that may not really be needed, but someone did a study that found they might be able to sell more product or make more money. In fact I am in a meeting right now discussing adding two plastic clips inside a seat we have been building for 3 years to reduce a wrinkle that nobody complains about. Some study shows it will fix the issue, but nobody on the team thinks we need it but the person who suggested it. The person actually said in defense of his idea: "lets add it and then if we decide we don't need it we can remove it and take credit for the $0.23 per clip we will save when we eliminate it." Never mind that we will add the $0.23 per clip cost now, but he will get credit for removing it when he does. AAAAHHHHHHH EDK

Nog Blog said...

Typical business world! Bromenn has fallen into those traps also...fix what isn't broken, and spend a lot of money doing it.

Cathy said...

Speaking of confusing choices . . . coming from a grandma . . . can we talk diapers????

Ada said...

I figure any of them are better than cloth!! Yuck!