Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Who Do I Look Like?

Judy said she thought the picture of my mom that Cleve posted looked like me when I was little. I thought that was interesting/funny since I could count on one hand the number of times I've been told I look like Mom.

However, I have been told many, many, many times that I look just like my father so I thought I'd share a few stories about that.

About 1990 I was working part-time at Berean Bookstore in Sheridan Village. I would have been late 20s then. A lady walked into the store, looked at me behind the counter, and said, "You must be related to Lynn Klopfenstein." She had no idea who I was and since Dad was in AL and I was in IL, my co-workers were about floored!

When I'm told that I look just like my father, my standard reply is, "Thank you. I've always wanted to look like a 75 year old balding man." It's meant as a joke, and Dad laughs about it. He even tells people that one.

About 10 years ago Dad sent an e-mail that said there was software attached that would take your picture through the monitor. Just look at the monitor, smile, and click the button. When you did so, the monitor would flash "processing . . . your picture will show in the monitor in 10 seconds" and then count down. At the end of the time a picture of an chimpanzee showed on the screen. I replied to Dad, "Dad, I've been told all my life that I look just like you, but I've never been able to see it until this picture." He laughed about that as well.

--Rhoda

3 comments:

Staci said...

http://www.myheritage.com/look-alike-meter

Here is a look-alike-meter where you can upload a picture of father/mother/child and it will give a percentage of how much you look alike.

Cathy said...

People usually say Staci looks like me and Jen and Amy look like Tim. I tried the look-alike-meter and the results were:
Staci looks 8% more like mom
Amy looks 19% more like mom
Jen looks 27% more like mom
I suppose people tend to look at coloring more than anything else. Interesting!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to try the Look-alike-meter at work, but they had the site blocked. It's very funny how it scans the pics for the faces and then pulls them out. I wish I had been clever enough to design the site myself. The results? Would you believe Nathan looks equally like me and Jerry! Equally as funn is that is says Kelsie looks equally like me and Jerry!!! And even funnier, Nathan looks 17% more like himself than he looks like me (when I put his own photo in as the Dad because Jerry's face wasn't recognizable on that try). Entertaining for sure...