Monday, June 2, 2008

Lakeside Home




We experienced a heavy downpour in Central Illinois on Friday night. Someone said we got 3.3 inches of rain in 1 hour here in Lexington. Did anyone else get that much in your areas? The roads in front of our house and to the side of our house were completely flooded over. It suddenly looked like we had a house on the lake! Once it quit raining the boys begged to go play in the water. For about 30 seconds I said no, then I decided that is what little kids do, so out they went. It kept them entertained for hours. Things outside have pretty much dried up today. Our leaky basement is drying out too but our house smells like a rotten dish-rag. That's not going to help us get it sold I'm afraid!

Shelley

3 comments:

Nog Blog said...

At least your boys asked! I still remember about 33 years ago my doorbell rang and it was the lady across the street telling me my two kids were playing in the ditch without their clothes on! It had rained and the ditch was full of water and you and Eric were having a great time! I wonder how you both escaped the house and shed your clothes and I was totally unaware.

Alice said...

Shelly, I can sympathize with you having all that water in your yard and basement. We've had water in our back yard and basement many, many times. We finally got a sump pump and we haven't had any flooding in the house since. We do occasionally get some water in the back yard though. This time we didn't.

Years ago we were mopping up water in the basement and rolling up the rug early on a Sunday morning. As you can imagine I was fit to be tied. Well, when we got to church we learned a family in church had a house fire and lost almost everything.
Needless to say, I didn't complain much after that.

Ann said...

Here in South Carolina we would give anything to have that kind of rain. It is very, very dry here and has been for a couple of years. Those are four cute boys out there getting wet!