Sunday, May 18, 2008

For this they pay me??

I drew the straw to work in Pediatrics tonight. It's 3:30 a.m. and so far I have plugged in two IV pumps to stop their beeping, answered the phone once, filled the printer with paper (which I could do right from my seat) and took the RN's money to the vending machine to get her some snacks. I hear they are doing a c-section in labor so I guess I did get the lucky draw tonight. That's it...no comments needed, just filling in time (and they pay me for it, too.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tough life, but someone's got to do it, right? I was sleeping peacefully while you typed.

Ann said...

I'd love to work in a hospital. I worked in a hospital pharmacy right out of high school for a year and several summers, and loved every minute--and looked for every possible excuse to go up on the floors where the "action" was. When the kids get out on their own, I might go to nursing school.