Monday, May 19, 2008

Do I remember it correctly?

A couple weeks ago, Cleve posted about Uncle Perry's broken ankle named "Lefty". On Saturday, Lynn posted the Mother's day picture taken in Grandma-Greats/Perry's back yard. In the picture, the garden is visible behind the group. At some point a basketball pad and hoop were installed in this general area, and I seem to remember Uncle Perry breaking or severely spraining his ankle on the edge of this basketball court. At the next family event at Uncle Perry's, I seem to remember a rather detailed "reenactment" of the shot that resulted in the sprained ankle.

Is this, in fact the second time Perry has been laid up with a broken ankle? Did the reenactment occur? Am I the only one who remembers this or can someone else validate my memory? Just curious if I remember it correctly.

4 comments:

Drake said...

I remember the re-enactment. I think Cleve was involved. Hilarious as I remember it...

Anonymous said...

The re-enactment did, indeed, take place with Uncle Perry demonstating, in great detail, how he shot the ball, rebounded, and then dribbled off the end of the concrete pad -- badly spraining (but not breaking) his ankle. I was there videotaping the re-enactment and have it on home video. If I was more computer savvy, I'd try to transfer it to dvd, then to the Blog, but don't count on it. Uncle Perry's recent ankle BREAK is much, much worse.
Cleve

Anonymous said...

I remember the re-enactment too. It was pretty funny. I am wondering if the basketball hoop is still there. Be careful, Perry.

Anonymous said...

Cleve -- I hope you can figure out how to post that video!