Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Up at Night??

Here I am at 2:45 wide awake. I tried Melatonin the last two nights, but like everything else, it didn't work. I don't have much trouble falling asleep initially, but in an hour or two I'm awake...and as I'm waking up I feel like I need to remember to be doing something, there's a distinct conversation going on with myself, and there's always a hymn (with words) playing in the background.) Always. It's exhausting. So sometimes I try to pray, but that just riles me up all the more. I don't want to get up and work, YUK! I just want to sleep like the rest of the world. So I end up on the couch every night, watching something I have taped on my DVR. That usually will put me to sleep the fastest, sometimes pretty quickly, but tonight I've already watched two episodes of Little People, Big World and I'm still wide awake. Even with the melatonin, the great sleep aid. (By the way, the Mom on Little People is really a pretty good Mom, but her house is a MESS! I enjoy watching their show.) So I'm wondering, is it a Klopfenstein thing to be an insomniac? Are there more of you out there? What do you do to try to get back to sleep?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like Little People Big World too. Did you know Amy is speaking at ISU soon? I'd go to it with you if you want...Let me know.