Friday, February 15, 2008

Klopfenstein ancestors' photo identification wanted



I am posting an old photo, provided by my mother, which is believed to be of the Peter Klopfenstein ancestors. Can any of you identify the gentleman and/or the old lady in the picture? What is the location? And, who might be the younger girl peering out from the building in the back. Perhaps some of you have a copy of this photo or have seen it before.

In no way do I mean to be disrespectful, but the older lady has an uncanny resemblance to "Granny" on the Beverly Hillbillies.

Cleve P.S. If the image is garbled or non-existent, please forgive and blame my laptop. I will submit at a later time.

1 comment:

LynnK said...

The lady in the photo is Mary Sommer Klopfenstein, who was the wife of Peter Alexander Klopfenstein, Sr. and mother of Peter, Jr. who was my grandfather. Peter, Jr. was the husband of Sophia and the couple raised fourteen children. All of you all have a long way to go!!!

The man in the photo is another story. I'm not sure about him. Hopefully someone can come up with the answer. Lynn K.