Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ann is correct

I'd been having trouble getting in with my password, etc., but now succeeded. I wanted to clarify the date of the picture and even asked my sister Cathy to post this for me, so if a duplicate comes up, please forgive.

The photo from the first week of November 1952. KODAK has printed on the back, "Nov. 3, 1952" on each picture. So Ann is correct in the date -- Nov. 1952. Mom and Dad have a few more pics, in my possession, of the same people, same setting, same faded coloring. In fact, one is of Grandpa holding a very young female baby -- I think Cathy.
Also a good one of a young Perry on the couch, too.
Cleve

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Well, herein lies a dilemma. I was born in 1957, so if the picture is dated 1952, it must be someone else.

Ada and Perry must still have been living at home in 1952 - how old were they?

Ann said...

Could the baby be Judy?

Cleve, could you put your photos in digital format and upload them?

Ann said...

Cleve's having some problems with posting comments (we've got to get that straightened out!) so I'm forwarding his comment onto the blog:

I realized soon after my post that the baby (about 5-6 mo. old) could not have been Cathy that was in Grandpa's lap in the photo I have..but it is indeed Judy (born May 29th, 1952. At least we do have the Look Magazine and the photo date puzzles solved! If Uncle Lynn has the true "original", it should have the Kodak black print "KODAK COLOR PRINT - Week of November 3, 1952" on the back.
The picture of Perry on the same couch, same date, same afghan, etc. is of him looking suave at the age of 14 -- a Freshman. He and Ada would have been at home -- Perry graduated from GHS in 1956.

Cleve